Having a positive attitude has many benefits. Coaches talk about the importance of a positive attitude and scientific studies have found that it benefits your health and general well-being. How do you get a positive mindset and keep it as you handle the daily onslaught of news, tasks and stress? Here are some exercises for you to do to build and maintain a positive mindset.
- Daily Gratitude: There is always something to be thankful for, even if it is as simple as being able to get up in the morning. Take a few moments to focus on the positive things in your life and be grateful for them
- Eat Well, Drink Well and Sleep Well: A positive mindset starts with feeling good. The easiest way to do this is eat and drink well and get enough sleep. Healthy habits have positive results. Make sure you are getting all the nutrients that you need, stay hydrated, and get enough sleep.
- Physical Activity: Once you’re eating, drinking and sleeping well, add some physical activity to the mix. Your body was meant to move. Physical activity creates endorphins that make you feel good and aid in positive mindset. Start with walking a few more steps a day or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Add more activity as you can.
- Follow Your Passions: Whether it is your job or hobby, make sure you spend some time doing things you love. Whether it’s reading, watching movies, playing sports, building models or whatever you are passionate about, spend some time doing things that make you happy
- Center Yourself: Meditation and mindfulness have been shown to have tremendous benefits to health, mental well being and productivity. You don’t even have to do a formal meditation session. Take a minute at you desk, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Even a little goes a long way.